Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Old Kodak 457 Projector and Super 8 film question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member BLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm going through old stuff and found an old box of super 8 films. I have a Kodak 457 Movie Projector which amazingly still works except I have to hold the dial in the play mode or it snaps into auto-rewind. Anyone know where I can get something like this fixed cheaply?

    Also there is some film debris on the left side of the projected film. Will this be harmful to the old film I'm running through it? I just want to view them all to see what's on them and then maybe video the stuff I want to keep. Don't want to spend a lot of money.

    may not make it back here so please cc a reply to:
    [email protected]

    thanks.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm of the opinion that all home movies hold some type of historical and potential stock footage value.

    The more modern day videographers shoot, the more the old time days before video become valuable because the amount of footage that exists is just a fraction to what is being generated in todays day and age.

    Spending a couple of hundred dollars for a good quality transfer to a digital medium such as mini-dv or dv-cam really should be a no brainer.

    If you can't afford now, eventually you will be able to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •